DuPont are honored to be a Congress sponsor and participate to SAAFoST - 22nd Biennial International Congress and Exhibition in the state of the art Century City Convention Centre, Cape Town.
The theme of the congress, "A hunger for change: innovations, solutions and emerging technologies" will form a framework to explore solutions to the many challenges that food professionals face in the mission to provide a sustainable supply of safe, satisfying and healthy food. DuPont will be showcasing local industry trends and innovative solutions on booth 15 and 16 as part of the exhibition and within the product theater on sharing our expertise through the product theatre seminar presentations on Tuesday, September 5 with:
- 14.00 – 14.30, Garry Mendelson, Senior Research Scientist & Applied Nutrition Science Manager, DuPont Nutrition & Health will review healthier local sweet baked goods consumer feedback and opportunities
- 14.40 – 15.10, Brett Wordon, Group Manager DuPont Nutrition & Health will discuss Long Life Yoghurt for Africa Opportunities, Challenges and Solutions
In addition as part of the Scientific Programme Plenary Sessions:
- Monday, September 4 - 10.40 – 11.20, Cindy Stewart, Global Cultures and Food Protection Technology & Innovation Leader, DuPont Nutrition & Health, and incumbent IFT (Institute of Food Technologists) President will present, the wonderful world of fermentation: Its positive impact on human development, health, and sustainability
- Tuesday, September 5 – 09.20 – 10.00, Paul Tenning, Director of Regulatory Affairs & Biotechnology Regulatory Lead, DuPont Nutrition & Health will discuss Novel Foods in EU, GRAS in US and status in RSA - An overview and comparison of key food legislation
- Tuesday, September 5 - 15.10 – 15.30, Garry Mendelson, Senior Research Scientist & Applied Nutrition Science Manager, EMEA DuPont Nutrition & Health will present bifidobacterium animalis ssp. lactis 420with or without Litesse® Ultra™ controls body fat mass and waist circumference in overweight and obese subjects - randomized, double-blind, multicenter clinical study
We look forward to meeting you there.
For further information, click here.